Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Well, no comments or responses to my latest posts so far although a couple of friends have owned up to dropping in since I included a reference to it in my e-mail signature. I'll just have to send more e-mails!!!!

This song is based on the idea that our relationship with God is that of a Child and Father, a fact so deceptively profound - but one that really does sum up everything we need to know about how God sees us and how we are meant to relate to him and each other.

I want to be a child again

(Ps 8, Is 4031, Mt 18 1-4)

I want to be a child again and wonder at your love.

I want to see your Father heart drawn in the stars above.

I want to make you laugh out loud, and shake the mountains tall.

I want to be a child again and know how great it is to be small.


I want to be a child again and know you’re watching me.

I want to hold you by the hand and climb up on your knee.

I want to know you’re by my side while letting me explore

all of the treasures in your house as I keep finding more and more.


I want to be a child again (I know you want that too).

No more the self-made miracle with little time for you.

I want to fly on eagle’s wings, to run and not get tired.

Learning to trust you, come what may, and by your Spirit be inspired.


I want to be a child again and hear the people say,

“Isn’t he just like his Dad?” and be proud to walk your way.

I want to be a child again, in my spirit O let this be:

as I grow older every day I get younger in eternity.

No comments: